Shorten the manual shifter's throw by 50% and experience more accurate, crisper shifts by installing our short shift kit in your Volvo S60/V70 or Volvo S70/V70/C70 models. This kit features a shifter plate milled from aircraft-grade aluminum and includes stainless steel mounting hardware. The plate mounts on the stock shifter bracket (on top of the transmission), and the stainless steel bushings replace the mushy, rubber bushings on the shifter cable ends.
The shifter plate comes with 3 positions that adjust the front-to-back position of the shift knob. This allows you to personalize the location of the shift knob. It can be set at center, slightly forward (for a longer reach), or slightly back (for a shorter reach). There are also two positions to shorten the throw; short or even shorter. This is the perfect, low-cost modification to maximize the enjoyment of your M56 manual transmission. You can install this kit with hand tools and a drill. Installation typically takes 1.5 hours. Designed to complement the SAB-000770 Delrin Shifter Assembly Bushings.
- 1 Aircraft Grade Aluminum Shift Bracket
- 1 Set of Stainless Steel Mounting Hardware
- 2 Stainless Steel Shifter Cable Bushings
- 1 Stainless Steel Washer (for installation on any car that has a plastic cable end bushing on the side to side cable)
- 2001-2002 Volvo V70 with 5-speed manual transmissions
- 2001-2002 Volvo S60 with 5-speed manual transmission
- 2000 Volvo S70/V70 with 5-speed manual transmission
- 2000-2005 Volvo C70 with 5-speed manual transmission