Intake manifold spacers help isolate the intake manifold from the conducted heat of the engine block. A common modification for old school muscle cars, our solution for the 5-cylinder Volvo engines is an intake manifold spacer manufactured using heat resistant poly-aramid composite fiber with nitrile binder to create a self sealing spacer that does not require any additional gaskets, while being resistant to heat, water, aliphatic hydrocarbons, oil and gasoline.
The poly-aramid fiber with nitrile binder has a very low thermal conductivity of 0.29-0.38 w/k*m (compared to the thermal conductivity of aluminum at 250 w/k*m) results in less heat being directly conducted to the intake manifold, thereby lowering the intake air temperature (IAT) by up to 25 degrees F to improve performance gains.
- Made from 1/8" thick, heat resistant poly-aramid composite fiber
- Retains the use of factory intake manifold bolts
- Does not require the use of an additional intake manifold gasket
- Proven to reduce intake air temperature (IAT) from 15 - 25 degrees F
- Replaces genuine Volvo gasket part number 9458534
- 2001-2007 Volvo V70/ XC70 (all 5-cylinder gasoline engines)
- 2001-2009 Volvo S60 (all 5-cylinder gasoline engines)
- 2004-2007 Volvo S60R/V70R
- 2004-2006 Volvo S80 2.5T FWD/AWD (all 5-cylinder gasoline engines)
- 2003-2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T FWD/AWD (all 5-cylinder gasoline engines)
Intake manifold bolts must be torqued down in stages, to no more than 15 foot pounds. If the bolts are over-torqued, the intake manifold spacer may crack or deform, leading to air leaks. Installation by an ASE certified technician is recommended.